When it comes to topics like exercising there is so much to read, listen and watch from. But being a beginner it’s very hard and confusing to understand where to start. Especially, when you have never exercised in your life or have only seen people doing it which seem like a real tough gig.
I remember when I was starting out, being an obese kid, I had no idea what to do. But there were things that I unconsciously did that helped me start with ease that got me results faster. I still stick to these principles to date.
So, if you are someone who wants to change your health and get back into a fitness lifestyle, I am ready to reveal some easy tips that will help you take that first step.
1) One of the Main tips is to set realistic goals for your training and nutrition. Get help from a mentor or a trainer who can assist you with a SMART goal. For example: In the next 30 days I will be living a healthier lifestyle and be more active by training 3-5 days a week and eating the right diet plan.
2) Accountability Partner – whether it is a personal trainer, a family member or a friend; find someone who can help you stay accountable for your actions. If you have a coach then this step is self-resolved as he or she will keep you accountable and on track.
3) Training Plan/ Programme – find a plan or programme that suits your needs in achieving your goals. Find someone who you think has results that you wish to have. Having a mentor or a coach can fast track your success.
4) Nutrition – This plays a huge role in achieving your desired results. Every goal has different pathway for success. For example, you nutrition plan is different for weight loss as compared to building muscle. One must be conscious about what to eat and at what time in order to transform. Get an expert’s advice on this.
5) Avoid Instant Gratification – Don’t look for shortcuts or easy ways to get results. There might be some faster and easier ways for weight loss or gaining muscles but then those results aren’t long term either. Results take time, so accept that it is a journey of self-betterment.
6) Visualize – Without a mental & emotional connection with your end results, it is hard to see success because you can lose motivation. The best way to do so is have a visual of what your results look like in 30 days on the wall of your room, in your phone and laptop, so you can connect emotionally with them.
7) Learn from Mistakes – Like I mentioned earlier fitness lifestyle is a journey of self-discovery mentally, emotionally and physically. So, if you have missed a training session or ended up eating something outside your diet plan due to temptations, don’t stress. Start again in the next meal or next day.
8) Recovery – Don’t push through too hard initially. Start slowly and then pick up the pace with anything. The key is to not feel burnt with too much workout but slowly get habitual of the whole process. Make sure you are listening to your body when it needs rest or a check up with an expert about injuries and proper supplementation.
9) Have Fun – If you aren’t having fun then you are doing it wrong. That’s when you are picking your training regime, choose the activities you enjoy doing.
10) Reward Yourself – Celebrate your wins when you have completed a successful week of fitness training, clean nutrition and good recovery. Do not do it by overindulging with bad food but do so by buying yourself something small or with a spa/massage etc.
There are, obviously, more tips I can keep on giving when it comes to having a healthy lifestyle, however, being a beginner all you need is taking that first step and not back off. The key is to take action as a plan without action means nothing to no one.
I hope you get some value with these tips and start applying. If it makes sense or you have any questions, don’t be shy to drop a comment to connect via my website (below)
Transformation Coach – Be Your Best Self