Losing Weight after Age 50 – Learn How and What to Do Differently
First of all, age is just a number in our driver’s license or any other form of ID you see it’s says how old you are. But as this number goes up our bodies starts to see biological changes. The bones, arteries, physiology, metabolism and overall functioning of the system definitely is different to how it used be in 20s, 30s or even 40s.
Talking about losing weight after 50 years of age is different to what people in their 30’s go through. But at the end of the day it’s about living a lifestyle that keeps in the right shape.
Very important for people to understand that our body is a result of what we eat, therefore, it is important to have the right form of nutrition in our bodies. Focus on below points to lose weight after 50 years of age:
- Healthy eating instead of low fat diet or crash diets as your body will need fat to help digest all the nutrition
- Eat good fats to boost your immune system – olive oil, nuts, chia seeds, mustard seed, sources of omega 3 such as fish
- Get enough calcium to keep your bones and skeleton stronger
- Get plenty of lean protein to maintain muscles – low fat cottage cheese (paneer); lean meats; tofu; fish; soy; whey protein isolate etc.
- Eat frequent meals to boost metabolism – 5-6 small meals instead of 3 big meals.
- Limit or reduce your intake of sugar, salt and white flour as can cause multiple health problems.
- Intake of antioxidants and vitamins through raw fruits and vegetables
- Take proper rest as much as you can to help absorb all the nutrition and give your body rest for mental stress reduction. Small power naps during the day are beneficial.
- Drink enough water to keep yourself hydrated. Avoid sugary drinks with preservatives
- Embrace weight training to build your strength as ageing causes to lose muscle
- Get yourself checked by physician and therapists to keep yourself injury free
- Go easy on your joints when moving, lifting and doing any physical activity
- Get your stress levels checked- mental stress is common
- Keep your hormones in check with proper consultation. This goes for both men and women
Ageing is good but why not age gracefully with good nutrition, physical exercise and enough rest.
LIKE AND SHARE IF YOU ENJOYED THIS CONTENT
Messenger of Fitness and Transformation
BE YOUR BEST SELF TRANSFORMATION