Arteries transport oxygen-rich blood throughout every part of our body. It is important to be aware of our artery health regardless of our age. There are some natural ways to keep our arteries health in better check through these 8 simple home remedies.
1) Making Lifestyle Change – by reducing and/or quitting smoking and alcohol consumption, increasing regular exercise and watching our weight. The change in lifestyle impacts a great deal on the stress on our arteries by getting rid of toxins.
2) Good Fats – The most well-known of all is Omega-3 fatty acids that is in fish oil. But you can also go for unsalted nuts, avocado, olive oil. Coconut oil is also good for lubricating arteries due to high lauric acid content even though it is saturated.
3) Pomegranate Juice – it reduces blood vessel damage that prevents hardening of arteries, and it is thought to reverse the progression of heart diseases.
4) Vitamins – B6, B12 and C have been linked to cardiovascular/heart health. Adequate quantities of these nutrients keep arterial walls flexible and keep to prevent damage that can lead to plaque blood clots.
5) Eat More Garlic – consuming garlic helps reduce bad fats, increases good cholesterol and reduces blood pressure and blood flow.
6) Turmeric – has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that helps to prevent blood clots in the arteries.
7) Ginger Tea – is another effective remedy for clogged arteries because it prevents and reduces plaque build-up by reducing cholesterol
8) Colourful Plate of Vegetables– Veggies has plenty of sterols that flushes away bad cholesterol the same way that soluble fibre does. Have 3 to 5 servings per day.
Just by simply applying these remedies can do wonders to our arteries health which many of us take for granted. My advice is start by one change at a time, your body will thank you in many ways.