While getting in shape improves the way we look and helps us reduced in dress size, it also has a positive impact on a person’s personality and overall productivity levels. Before I go any further I want you to know that I write this article more from personal experience of mine and my friends who have been through a physical transformation.
So, as I was saying, fitness can change an individual’s life on a broader scale then it looks at the face value. It is a great feeling when you have put so much work into it – workouts, watching what you eat, sacrifices made in the process and overall discipline to the plan. But it does more to a person then simply body transformation.
11 ways fitness can change your life
1. Physical Energy – this a given when you start to lose weight due to fat loss; you feel so good that your energy levels are through the roof. This is because your body is less toxic, so you can go out more, do things you never thought you did and/or get more active socially.
2. Healthy Food Habits – fitness is a result of healthy food habits and food is a big factor in how a person feels after that. When I was eating a lot of oily, greasy and unhealthy food I felt sluggish, too bloated and tired after that. As I switched to more nutrient dense food my body feels much better.
3. Mental Clarity – when you reduce high calorie and high sugar food you feel, it keeps your energy levels better. Eating healthy and working out gave my mind more mental clarity as well as focus as I have ever had. With better focus and energy levels, I can do more in a day then I could in a week.
4. Confidence Boost – the self-gained confidence post brings out the real personality that people hide because of self-consciousness. This definitely helps in attracting more opportunities in life with work, relationships and people.
5. Change in Face – As you start to transform into a fitter self you start seeing decline in the fullness on your face. It doesn’t happen straight away but this gradual change is visible after some time. You also notice removal of extra roundness from the cheeks and jawline.
6. Posture – a person who has been through a transformation has a better posture. You can see that person smiling and enhanced self-esteem.
7. Determined Attitude – I have seen many people who have transformed physically – be it weight loss or muscle build – they are more determined in life. That quality has always been their but it came out to its best during the transformation phase.
8. Inspirational Person – a biggest positive change is that you can be inspiring people around you to be healthy as well. Your friends, family and colleagues look up to you for solutions and this is the time to contribute to the society by sharing the knowledge.
9. Brings out the Real YOU – when you have kept what you lost off for few years, it helps you know yourself better. Don’t get me wrong, even fitness and fashion models are insecure with their looks, so it doesn’t mean weight loss is the only way to be yourself. But change in body does for good or achieving your goal does help one accepting themselves as what they are.
10. Self-Awareness – To get results one has to push through pain, muscle aches, hard days and tough situations. This in turn makes a person more aware of themselves on a spiritual level.
11. Form New Habits – physical transformation helps you create new good habits such as – discipline, self-love, self-respect, consistency etc. It eliminates old bad habits that were holding us back from taking action. These in turn become part of us as individuals and translates into other areas of our lives too.
Of course there are more benefits but the above 11 ways are really important changes that one experiences on a general level.
All you have to do is start!
Transform to Be Your Best Self offers 1 on 1 coaching to those individuals who are ready to transform physically, mentally and emotionally to build a better future and tap into their true potential.
Click here for more information about our transformation plans.